The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• TYT vs Infowars

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #168888  by Julius Seeker
 Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:50 pm
Alex Jones invades their show and throws a Bill Clinton Rapist shirt at Cenk. Cenk flips out, and the two get into it, Jimmy Dore comes up beside Alex Jones and spits right in his face.

I am a fan of TYT, but Ben and Jayar are the two hosts I tend to like. The rest of them are about as composed someone who had a few too many lunch beers. Being a liberal/progressive myself, I find a lot of their segments to be cringe-worthy - like the aforementioned lunch beer guy attempting to supporting you in an argument.

I don't know a great deal about Alex Jones other than he's a bit of a crazy guy who likes to scream at people a lot.
 #168889  by kali o.
 Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:19 pm
I am sad to hear you like TYT, because they went full retard a while ago. Cenk and company (but especially Cenk and Ana) are dishonest in every respect now, which I can only explain as due to adherence to some regressive ideology they do not actually buy into but is the framework of their demographic. Hell, seeing Ana "fat shame" Alex is the best part of that video -- as I am sure you've heard her before on that subject.

Maybe you have already, but listen to Cenk talk about Sam Harris in some videos, then watch Sam and Cenks three hour debate - Cenk is a dishonest dummy.

Alex Jones is, of course, a nut job...no question.
 #168894  by Eric
 Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:16 am
TYT went nuts backing Bernie during the Dem preliminaries.
 #168895  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:35 am
It's probably more accurate to say I was a fan until around a half a decade ago, and continue watching them out of habit. It's been a long time since I watched the show with any kind of regularity, but I still tune in from time to time.

Some of the things I've noticed.

Most of Cenk's clips are 8+ minutes long, but with only 20-40 seconds of actual content. The rest of the video is him ranting on and on with vague references and never getting to any sort of a point. I prefer to think that's he's not actually that ignorant, and that he's just doing it as a gimmick of "I'm the angry progressive 13 year old who doesn't understand anything, and wondering why ____ is like this, and also RAGE!"
Half of Ana's videos break down into silly rants against some evil homophobic sky demon cult that she thinks Christianity is. Date rape? You can bet it's the Christian demon God's fault! Higher tuition? That's Christian demon God's fault too! Ana has no problem fat shaming, just as long as she's the one doing it and not some better looking fitness blogger. When will Ana look in the mirror and realize she's just a closeted bigot.
I used to be a huge fan of Jimmy Dore when he was just the damaged comedian who would end segments with a joke. But he dropped that gimmick, and instead became Cenk and Ana's idiot 55 year old love child.

Ben and Jayar still represent what TYT was a long time ago, but unfortunately Ana or Cenk are usually in their videos.
 #168896  by ManaMan
 Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:13 am
I've never really watched either show except for as snippet here and there. I do know that Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins fame is a big Info Wars fan and has been on the show several times. I watched those segments and they were... Interesting. I used to be a huge SP fan in highschool but I always knew Corgan was *out there*.
 #169539  by kali o.
 Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:38 pm
I am sure you've already seen this, but so much fun....

#169541  by Eric
 Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:51 am
The meltdowns on the left were amazing across the board. Nobody thought he would win, everyone was blindsided.

I can't lie I was caught up in the horrible realization Trump would be our president, as I watched this graph slowly change hour after hour then minute after minute:

#169546  by kali o.
 Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:20 pm
I didn't really know where to put this and didn't feel like making a new thread. I love this article below. It shows clearly how, imo, the left has jumped the shark and will continue to alienate / cannibalize their *own groups*. I especially love the comments section, as you can see the clear division between perspective.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ple-racism