The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• What Technologies Must Shape Our World By 2100?

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #168920  by Replay
 Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:17 pm
I'm tired of the general 2016 political malaise - so lately I've been trying to think about what kinds of tech I hope to see in my lifetime that I believe must shape humanity's future.

For me it includes, but probably isn't limited to:

* solar and hydrogen technology - solar desalinization, electric cars, hydrogen cars and boats and aircraft
* smartglasses/wearable tech/geriatric cysurgery
* usable, individual-tailorable augmented reality
* personal flight/real hover/antigrav technologies (we may never see some of this in our time, but it would be a nice dream)
* sea cities, space stations, and offworld colonies (the longest shots of all, but also a nice dream)

I have more resources on these things I will post as I have time, but hopefully the discussion can percolate nicely instead of diverting more resources and mindshare into the year's various banalities. A truly positive, next-gen discussion and information sharing on future tech would be a nice change from arguing all the time.