The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Obama approval rating highest since 2012,

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #169374  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:51 am
At 55% only two Presidents in recent times have had a higher approval rating at the same time, both at 58%: Bill Clinton and Dwight Eisenhower. George W. Bush was the lowest at 27% who is only approached by Harry Truman at 32%. This isn't a sudden shift either, he has had a high approval for the entirety of 2016, his best year since 2009.

It could be people in the US waking up and realizing what they are about to lose. And it makes me wonder, why does the US insist on term limits? As long as the country has them, there can never be another FDR.
 #169375  by Don
 Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:35 pm
Washington wanted only two terms and otherwise he was likely going to be president or emperor for life which he thought wouldn't be a good thing.

That said, I don't think the two term stuff really matters because if someone wants to be emperor for life and have the influence they'd obviously just change the Constitution, or just declare a fake war on Canada.
 #169385  by ManaMan
 Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:09 pm
He was a pretty good president. Probably best in my lifetime.
  • Prevented another "Great Depression" with the stimulus/recovery programs
  • Expanded health insurance coverage to almost everyone who needs
  • Financial reform, not perfect but better
I think a lot of people grew frustrated with him and his inability to get things done due to Congress. People were disillusioned but many are realizing just how good they had it seeing the two new candidates: Clinton & Trump.