The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Who Drinks the Most Whisky in the World?

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #170341  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:58 pm
Disappointed in Canada’s rank here. I always thought we were close to the top in consumption. I figured maybe it was a regional thing; and it is. Saskatchewan drinks nearly 4 liters of whisky per capita, almost double that of France. My home province (PEI, it’s actually Ontario, but I lived in PEI longer than any other province) is apparently the biggest drinkers of moonshine in the world, at 1 liters per capita.

The US trounces Canada overall - congrats! I love bourbon, but IMO Rye is king (Alberta Premium Dark Horse is my favourite). I will agree that bourbon is generally more enjoyable than Scotch though... especially for the price. I hate spending $100+ on a bottle of something that isn’t any better than $30 bourbon or rye. Talisker 10 is my favourite Scotch, it’s about $80 Canadian - IMO better than blue label.

By the way, India, that 1.24 liters per capita is terrifying when you consider the population of the nation. In total volume they destroy everyone.

Per capita consumption in liters
France 2.15
Uruguay 1.77
United States 1.41
Australia 1.3
Spain 1.29
United Arab Emirates 1.27
United Kingdom 1.25
Ireland 1.24
India 1.24
Canada 1.19