The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Consequences of Technology in i Generation Romance

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #170351  by Julius Seeker
 Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:59 pm
i Generation - identifies in the below article - are those that follow the millennials/Gen Y. While I always considered millennials to go until 2000, this article defines the generational border as 1995.

Studies have found some interesting things:
• Teenage pregnancy down 67% since 1991.
• Teenage sex down 40%
• Dating among teenagers dropped from 85% of teenagers during Generation X to 56% among the i Generation.
• Teenage rebelliousness is also down.

It seems smart-technology is largely what has been causing this.

Article:
https://www.google.ca/amp/www.telegraph ... finds/amp/

As an observation in my small corner of the world. Things were already in steep decline with the millennials, particularly the younger ones born in 1990 or later. In about 10 years, my small city of 65,000 went from having 6 dance clubs which could hold several thousand people if all were at capacity in 2006, down to zero in 2017. Note: there are still some seasonal places, and other pubs which have dance nights; but none which specialize in it year round any longer. Another observation, the DJ business here is no longer viable as a full time specialty.