The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• New Year's 2018 Resolutions

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #170389  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:27 pm
Last year, 2017, I switched to a strict vegetarian diet. I stuck to it the full year and had no plans in abandoning it.
This year, 2018, I have switched to a 1 meal a day diet.

Why? I find scheduling things around meals uses up too much time. Why waste 3 hours a day on multiple meals when I can get the whole process done in under an hour? Also, I am a big fan of food, I like eating big meals, and this way I can do that =D

Also, there are the hormonal benefits. Plus, I give the digestive system a break each day.

Like switching to a strict vegetarian diet, it's not something I am rushing into - I alternated between pescetarian (like a vegetarian who cheats by eating fish), raw pescetarian (sushi), and lacto/ovo vegetarian for over a decade.

I began a 16:8 diet (16 hours no eating, 8 hour feed period) back in the early summer, and I switched to a 20:4 diet about a week after Halloween (and gaining several pounds by eating lots of potato chips and candy). I have been doing the 1 meal a day thing for about two weeks now, and it doesn't feel any different than 20:4. It's easy. The most notable adjustment in diet timing was going to the 16:8 diet, as I felt ravenous as a result of missing breakfast... for about a week and a half. Now I usually don't feel hungry for 24 hours, but my capacity to eat a gigantic meal still exists.

Here's a Jaffa Warrior doing an extreme version of what I am doing.

Here's an old guy in his 60s, John Rose, who is doing something similar. He does a raw food diet. He talks about shit in this video.

and, of course, Herschel Walker.

#170528  by SnoopyJoe
 Tue May 08, 2018 2:22 pm
Damn...that's some discipline. I'm cutting out most of my carb intake and exercising twice a day. This job of mine made me fat. Gotta lose it.