The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• And here's how Overeem's career spectacularly ends

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #170593  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:09 am
Or should end, before he destroys his legacy. Over 60 fights, 31 round 1
KOs, a former world class kickboxer.

He got dominated the whole fight, and destroyed by a kid born in the 90s. Honestly, he'll still probably fight for a paycheque and his ego, but his glory days are 5 years ago now.

But then again, other guys well past their glory days can still occasionally pull out something noteworthy.

#170595  by kali o.
 Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:37 pm
You were always big on Overeem, as you were all about Pride, etc. I've only actively experienced Overeem in UFC (watching past clips/fights/events aside) and he's been a serious dud the whole time. It still appears to me that Overeem was such a beast due to PEDs -- when he lost that, he probably lost what made him great in Pride/K1/SF.

I'm watching 225 now -- I didn't have time to watch before. Currently at the Dos Anjos fight as I type. Oh, and poor CM Punk. He gave it the old college try.
 #170610  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:19 pm
Overeem was a walking commercial for roids. He had one good fight in UFC when he crushed Lesnar. I'm surprised he's still around 2018 given how long he's been in the business. Even more surprised that Fedor is out of retirement and actually winning fights in his 40s.

CM Punk was cringey, a lot of people wanted to see him do well and put on an entertaining fight. I felt embarrassed for him. He risked a lot and failed; despite the shit show, it's easy to respect him doing that rather than coasting through life protecting the brand he already has.

As for MMA, I don't really watch it anymore, I go through spells where I hear about an interesting fight and spend a couple of days on it maybe once a year or so.