The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Saudi Arabia pulls 49 students from my local University

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #170660  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:39 pm
The nearby University of mine (UPEI) had 49 students from Saudi Arabia on government scholarships - they won't be coming back in September. The reason in short: the Canadian foreign minister criticized Saudi Arabia's human right's policy. In response, Saudi Arabia canceled all scholarships of students in Canada; they also posted this picture on their government Twitter:

#170661  by kali o.
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:16 pm
I think I remember reading that pic/meme wasn't from the government, but some youth group connected to the government (or am I remembering incorrectly). Apparently, they meant it to imply "diplomats expelled back to Canada"... I guess that's "possible"...but I have to assume/accept an exceptionally high level of stupidity and incoherence to buy that story.

In any case, this is just a distraction by the Trudeau government and they can generally fuck off.
 #170693  by Replay
 Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:01 pm
A thought experiment:

Why would anyone connected to the Saudi government in any way post a meme threatening a plane attack against a Canadian landmark in the fashion of the Sept. 11 attacks if the hijackers truly acted without government support?