The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Lurkers (bovine, I caught you!)

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #171516  by Oracle
 Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:58 am
I also noticed that. I see him on Steam now and then, but we don't really play the same games - and I never really play any multiplayer.

Bovine: You still in the same city where I last saw you?
 #171519  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:05 pm
Fun fact, so far this has so-far been our most active summer seasons on this board in about 10 years. I mean, usually in the summers we’re so inactive that the board could go down for a week and no one would notice. That said, I do realize it’s been like 4 or 5 of us making almost all of the noise =)

I hope we’re doing more to entertain you lurkers than terrify you from posting!

I’d love to see us bring back some of our old membership; hopefully not too afraid that we turned most of the board into Ruminations =)
 #171520  by kali o.
 Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:03 am
Old timers are "getting too old" for videogames (sacrilege, I know). Maybe we should start talking more about pensions and sore backs?
 #171532  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:17 pm
There are two new models coming out, one in August that is a regular Switch with an extended battery life (5-9 hours instead of 3-6) and the economy model: Switch Lite $199 US, which is a dedicated handheld (4-7 hours battery).

Super Mario Maker is cheaper to buy from the European store (if you do the digital marketplace).
 #171534  by Shrinweck
 Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:29 pm
$200 is doable but I was kind of pipe dreaming my next ~$200 tech purchase was going to be an entry level VR headset

I'll see how Shin Megami Tensei on the Switch fares before I actually think about buying the Lite.
 #171535  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:28 pm
I’d say not to miss Breath of the Wild. The game was really something else. Especially if you’re into emergent gameplay. In my opinion, it fulfilled the potential that Ocarina of Time began to explore after 20 years of stagnation in the franchise.
 #171545  by Shrinweck
 Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:15 am
Zelda isn't really my cup of tea but watching someone on Twitch go through Fire Emblem convinced me to start squirreling away money for a Lite. I want to play Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 with some friends, too.