The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Youtube banning ad blockers

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #173285  by Don
 Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:42 pm
I noticed now you get this message that says you got to turn your ad block off when in Youtube or there will be consequences. Any thoughts? I can turn it off but didn't seem like it's worth the effort so I can probably just stop using Youtube, or maybe other people who care more about this can complain and get it fixed first!
 #173287  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:57 pm
I haven’t been having an issue. If you’ve tried standard troubleshooting, like clearing your cache, then I’m not sure. Might be good to try a different blocker or browser - I typically use Safari on Mac and mobile, and Opera on Windows.
 #173289  by Eric
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:33 pm
Drop Chrome. Google owns Chrome and Youtube so of course they're gonna break the functionality. I also think the standard adblock greenlists some websites so it's kinda fallen off.

Firefox + uBlock Origin has been a simple winning combo so far. Might have to include No Script at one point.