The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Happy New Year!

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #173297  by Oracle
 Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:56 pm
Hope everyone and the ones you care about are doing well!

My resolution for 2024: ignore the news as much as possible, or at least not dwell on it.
 #173298  by Julius Seeker
 Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:14 pm
Happy New Year!

Good resolution! Most news surrounds sensationalist topics anyway. It's also unfortunate that social media was mostly destroyed by news parroting and crazy soap-box preacher types. I liked the old days when it was just drunk pictures, social event organization, and other fun stuff. Although, I think people have chilled out a little since cannabis was legalized :D

Few things:

Final Fantasy 6 is 30 years old this year. Final Fantasy 8 is 25.
tows turns 27 this year.
 #173299  by Don
 Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:20 pm
Happy New Year!
 #173300  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:28 pm
This clip I came across reminds me of the less news resolution:

That's not to say that more tragedies didn't happen in the 1980s, but that people usually weren't tuned into the news 24/7 to hear every little tragedy and the 10,000+ political spins on it per minute "Train in Turkey derails, 53 dead, 187 injured? Must have been that COVID vaccine. Thanks Obama!"
All this access, mixed with nature of human credulity and cynicism, can make things seem a little difficult. I also think that a lot of the important issues, that people can make a difference with, do get lost more in the mix.
 #173301  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:20 pm
Here's my resolution. I'm going to post in this forum more often. Maybe people will come back, be more active, maybe they won't. But all I do know is that without more posts, people are less likely to visit. So I figure I'll take a few minutes each week or every few days and post a random thought, if no one responds, then no one responds. The goal, try to see if 2024 can be the most active year of the Shrine since Kali and Mental exploded.