The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Security level goes from "Elevated" to "High".  Does anybody care?  Does anything think this is "wolf" being cried too many times?  Why is Ashcroft being so vague?

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #4470  by SineSwiper
 Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:06 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Security level goes from "Elevated" to "High". Does anybody care? Does anything think this is "wolf" being cried too many times? Why is Ashcroft being so vague?</div>

#4473  by Ganath
 Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:19 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>No, yes, and because it's a crock of shit.</div>

#4476  by Imakeholesinu
 Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:35 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>For all of you I apologize for not electing ashcroft to the senate and having to put up with him now.</div>

#4483  by Kupek
 Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:57 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>I find the timing convenient.</div>

#4485  by ManaMan
 Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:59 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Seems to me like a tactic to scare us into agreement with Bush policies... Good thing that nobody gives a shit about it.</div>

#4486  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:30 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I wonder if this has anything to do with the very recent massive anti-war protests in New York?</div>

#4487  by Derithian
 Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:34 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>yeah why the hell is he AG anyway......I mean fuck you should be able to tell how much everyone hates him....I mean shit he lost to a fucking dead guy</div>

#4495  by G-man Joe
 Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:30 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>Until something goes "boom" everyone will just be numb to all the warnings. Sometimes it's better to let a few suicide bombers through just to keep everyone happy. =8^)</div>

#4502  by Tessian
 Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:43 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>Isn't it part of the criteria for the position that you must be hated by most of the country?</div>
 #4513  by SineSwiper
 Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:46 am
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>I saw no indication that they didn't have any information on a terrorist attack on July 4 and Sept 11 (2002), except that it happened to fall on an "important" date, nor was there anybody arrested for terrorism those days because of the "High" alert. While I don't agree with the whole Homeland Security thing, I understand its implementation, and turning it on for the smallest thing is going to weaken its message.

I heard from Ashcroft that he mentioned that it was turned on today because of a Muslim holiday that "might encourage terrorist attacks". Turning on the system just because it happens to be "that time of month" is NOT the proper usage of the system.</div>

#4515  by G-man Joe
 Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:13 am
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>You never hear much of the CIA or Secret Service or NSA until they fail to protect us. Who really knows what goes on out there. Or here.</div>

#4518  by Imakeholesinu
 Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:56 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Bush felt sorry for him.</div>

#4536  by Flip
 Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:22 pm
<div style='font: 12pt "Cooper Black"; text-align: left; '>Hey Since, do you have scary nightmares of Ashcroft every night? ooogityboogity!</div>

#4537  by Flip
 Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:14 pm
<div style='font: 12pt "Cooper Black"; text-align: left; '>Hey Sine, do you have scary nightmares of Ashcroft every night? ooogityboogity!</div>