The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Finally, a well placed Blizzard =)

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #4739  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:27 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Well, I woke up at 5:00 AM to finish work on a paper due tommorow morning at 10:00, I think I'll still finish it off even though classes might be canceled. I haven't left a paper late like this since sometime during my first year. The main reason for it is that I've had a lot of lab work this semester, and I've been focusing on that more than anything. My essay is a 3,000 word commentary on the newly publshed J.R.R. Tolkien essay "Beowulf and the critics" which is essentially just a more elaborate version of his famous essay "Beowulf, the Monsters and the Critics," which served to catapult Beowulf from the widely unknown category into the mainstream.

Of course, it's all good. If classes are in, I'll still have finished it. If they're canceled, I can sleep and not have to sit through a day in which I've had 8 hours sleep in the past 48 hours. Also I can do some further touch ups making for an even more favourable grade. So yes, if this blizzard is successful, then it was indeed a well placed one =)

Damn, looks like it stopped, now it's just a lot of blowing snow; still, the plows haven't come down my street yet, so perhaps things will be closed up by 10:00.</div>

#4740  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:24 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Well, it's 7:30 now, they have closed Colleges and schools in some area's, but still no news on the University though they say they have a long list of cancelations up next.</div>

#4741  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:33 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>WHEW!!! Cancelled, goodnight =P</div>

#4751  by Tessian
 Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:52 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>closed? you pussies. It's been snowing at least 3x a week all semester and we haven't had even an early close</div>

#4753  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:42 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Were there gale force winds and -20 degree weather along with that snow?</div>

#4775  by Tessian
 Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:28 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>We had those winds 2 days ago and the temperature is pretty damn close</div>

#4793  by kali o.
 Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:21 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>UBC is on strike (TA issues). I get a few days off without shitty weather ; P</div>

#4796  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:35 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Did you get 75 cm (2.5 feet) of snow in a matter of about 10-20 hours?</div>

#4801  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:13 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I sometimes miss living in Nanaimo, great weather, and the High School was awesome (Dover Bay).</div>

#4803  by Tessian
 Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:01 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>you said nothing of 2 1/2 feet of snow</div>

#4808  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:53 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Sure I did, in my first post I said we had a "blizzard" which usually means at least 50 cm of snow and gale force winds.</div>