The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Just finished reading Starship Troopers, man, the movie doesnt do it justice AT ALL, the movie is nothing like the book - any one else read it?

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.

#4783  by Ishamael
 Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:16 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Memememe. Agreed. Actually, I wonder why they even called the movie "Starship Troopers" since it has virtually nothing to do with the book (except for a few character names).</div>

#4790  by Flip
 Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:47 am
<div style='font: 12pt "Cooper Black"; text-align: left; '>I've read it also, fantastic book. I liked the movie, too, but on its own because obviously when compared... well it doesnt compare.</div>

#4792  by Stephen
 Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:27 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>The movie does all the justice to Heinlein's militaristic fantasy that it ever needed. I'll take ultraviolent ironic fascist chic over the real thing anyday.</div>