The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #97822  by Zeus
 Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:27 pm
Anyone of you guys down there watch this show on FX? It's making it's debut tonight in Canada and I was wondering if anyone here had an opinion

#97837  by Imakeholesinu
 Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:27 pm
I've never even heard of it before.
 #173149  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:38 pm
I didn’t realize this show had a thread, but I’m rewatching it for the fourth time or so. I’ve been a big fan of it for about 10 years or so.

How to describe it? It’s a gloves off version of Seinfeld (or a Sitcom starring assholes) leaning more into Curb your Enthusiasm level of inappropriateness. WAAAAY more into the anti-role model thing—it’s the same sort of characters, only they kind of failed at life… and it’s more gen X. It’s the sort of show that would never get greenlit outside of the shock culture era, this show came out at the tail end of it. Also, they’ve taken Larry David’s advice of never ending the show, so it’s still going 16 years later. They survived D Glenn Howerton’s (Dennis’s) midlife crisis when he almost left the show a few years ago.

Here’s a few clips.

NSFW