The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Does anyone watch Adventure Time?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #160669  by Mully
 Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:42 pm
"Fiona and Cake" was a good moment in Adventure Time!

Did anyone watch "The Marvelous Misadventures of FlapJack" on Cartoon Network? It was canceled by the time Adventure Time came on, but the two are really similar; FlapJack being nautical themed and AT "rpg" themed. lol.
 #160804  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:18 pm
Damn, more backstory with the Mushroom War, and I missed that episode. I need to find it!
 #160943  by SineSwiper
 Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:34 pm
I loved how none of his transformations (except maybe the car) worked very well.
 #162208  by SineSwiper
 Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:02 pm
 #162240  by Flip
 Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:30 pm
SineSwiper wrote:Image

I dont get it. Anyways, this season of AT is still strong. Gotta love Abracadaniel.

#162265  by Eric
 Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:03 am
Flip wrote:I dont get it. Anyways, this season of AT is still strong. Gotta love Abracadaniel.

#162277  by SineSwiper
 Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:33 pm
Flip wrote:I dont get it.
Sorry, the video is better.

I just thought it was pretty funny when I first saw it.
 #162996  by Lox
 Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:23 am
I recently picked up season 2 on DVD. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

You guys know of any place that lets you watch the other seasons online?
 #163142  by Flip
 Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:46 pm
Yeah i cant believe Netflix is still on Season 1. I dont know a place to watch seasons, my DVR has been picking up everything. It was a good ending to the current season, though. Glad they finally wrapped up the Lemongrab arc (sort of) and the floodgates have been opened to return to more Finn-centric material for next season.
 #163225  by Shrinweck
 Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:53 pm
Season two is finally on Netflix. I wish there was a blog or something where Netflix detailed what licenses they had so we could know what's coming and what's going.
 #163226  by Flip
 Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:41 pm
Shrinweck wrote:Season two is finally on Netflix. I wish there was a blog or something where Netflix detailed what licenses they had so we could know what's coming and what's going.
I feel as if Netflix purposefully makes it hard to see what new stuff they add or have, just so you dont realize how much stuff they dont have. Why is there no new release section for the actual new movies? If something was in the theater 2 years ago, i have no clue when it hits Netflix, if ever. All their 'newly added' craop is just old movies they didnt have before.

I'm actually thinking of cancelling Netflix, its so bulky and terrible to navigate.
 #163229  by Shrinweck
 Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:38 pm
I think about cancelling Netflix something like five times a year. I've been a member since 2007 and haven't interrupted service a single time. I think I'm hooked forever. I still like it more than Amazon Prime, but maybe they've improved Prime? Been ~2 years since I let my Prime membership lapse.
 #163321  by Eric
 Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:05 pm
http://io9.com/first-look-at-the-advent ... 1565521751

This is pretty funny.
For one of season 6's episode, the Adventure Time crew handed off an entire episode to anime director Masaaki Yuasa, who helmed his own episode without any creative input from the normal creative team. The results are insane, which, for AT, is saying something.
Edit/Update: Here's the youtube preview!

#163326  by Flip
 Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:47 pm
I saw that clip this morning, it looks great! They have done this in the past with a few other episodes, too, which are stand alone and outside the story line. The one i remember, A Glitch is a Glitch, was pretty insane, too.

The first episodes of season 6 was last night and the show started off with wow.
Spoiler: show
I knew it was coming, but i didnt expect it to be now, it looks like Finn lost his arm. In all of Finns illusions of himself or future selves, he always was missing an arm and last night we saw how! Also, Finn's dad is a jerk and the Lich was pure badass for a little while. It was probably one of the darkest AT's in a while.
 #163667  by SineSwiper
 Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:59 am
Yeah, Finn had that badass sword for maybe 5 episodes, and then he eventually just gets his arm back after another 5 episodes. I was disappointed with how that turned out.
 #163681  by Flip
 Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:57 am
SineSwiper wrote:
Yeah, Finn had that badass sword for maybe 5 episodes, and then he eventually just gets his arm back after another 5 episodes. I was disappointed with how that turned out.
Agreed, it was pretty strange to have him grow a new one like that seemingly out of nowhere. I wonder if CN got flack for having a cartoon character's arm ripped off while chasing after his deadbeat dad.. However, the Reddit nerds speculate that the grass sword is still 'in' him somehow and will probably make a future important appearance.

The last couple of episodes, i liked the Maja Witch one, but wasnt too thrilled about Shelby's butt or the latest one with Jake's kids. Time to get a new storyline going, i think, or at least have a Flame Princess episode to see how that is going with the newly fully baked Cinnamon Bun. :)
 #163709  by SineSwiper
 Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:39 pm
I was kinda bummed that they killed off Rootbeer Guy. They even revived everybody else and specifically focused on his broken shards.
They have been shaking up a lot of stuff here lately, but it's not really amounting to anything right now. I like this season, though.
 #163725  by Flip
 Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:41 pm
SineSwiper wrote:
I was kinda bummed that they killed off Rootbeer Guy. They even revived everybody else and specifically focused on his broken shards.
They have been shaking up a lot of stuff here lately, but it's not really amounting to anything right now. I like this season, though.

The animation quality of such a simply drawn show has been stepped up a notch or two this season, for sure. The voice acting is always incredible.
 #163754  by Flip
 Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:31 am
So, Thanks for the Crabapples was probably the best episode of the season so far. Doesnt really progress the story, but it was simply great.
 #170942  by Shrinweck
 Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:33 am
I got tired of watching a show with such an inconsistent schedule, especially when the episodes were 10 minutes. Now that it's over I got around to finishing it, though.

Fairly satisfying ending. I was happy with how the story threads were finished.