The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Ash vs Evil Dead

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #167514  by Zeus
 Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:54 pm
No one watch this show or did I just miss the thread?
 #167519  by kali o.
 Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:33 pm
Zeus wrote:No one watch this show or did I just miss the thread?

Brought up a bit in the comic con thread...
kali o. wrote:Well...the first episode of Ash vs the evil dead was....pretty badass.
Aspects about it I really like. I just hope they have a solid story arc planned and don't drag it out.
 #167532  by Zeus
 Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:34 pm
Watch the rest of it (finished on Saturday) and let me know what you think
 #167536  by kali o.
 Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:11 am
Oh I finished season 1 already - it was a badass finale. But at the last panel I saw (comic con?), they talked about doing it as long as there is interest. Id rather see it follow a set story arc, for maybe 3 seasons....then get a new movie out.

One thing about season 1...the cinematography is amazing for a tv show.
 #167580  by Zeus
 Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:08 pm
kali o. wrote:Oh I finished season 1 already - it was a badass finale. But at the last panel I saw (comic con?), they talked about doing it as long as there is interest. Id rather see it follow a set story arc, for maybe 3 seasons....then get a new movie out.

One thing about season 1...the cinematography is amazing for a tv show.
Oh yeah, it was an excellent ending. You can really tell this was a passion project where they were gonna make sure it was done they way they wanted or it was never gonna get done. And I loved how it turned out, pleasantly surprised, particularly after some disappointments in my entertainment over the holidays

I wouldn't want it to go on too long, either. 3 seasons sounds about right. Then give me a movie? Sure, that'll be a good cherry on top
 #167592  by kali o.
 Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:39 pm
It was a pretty "Ash" ending -- and at least two plot items that completely took me by surprise.
Spoiler: show
Obviously talking about the death of Amanda and Ruby's turn. I was a little surprised resurrecting Amanda wasn't bargained by Ash, but I suppose that's Ash for you.
Overall, I was happy with the finale and Season 1 in general. Almost no "filler". Still a little confused with Ruby, but that's what season 2 is for I guess.
 #167593  by Zeus
 Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:30 pm
kali o. wrote:It was a pretty "Ash" ending -- and at least two plot items that completely took me by surprise.
Obviously talking about the death of Amanda and Ruby's turn. I was a little surprised resurrecting Amanda wasn't bargained by Ash, but I suppose that's Ash for you.
Overall, I was happy with the finale and Season 1 in general. Almost no "filler". Still a little confused with Ruby, but that's what season 2 is for I guess.
Oh yeah, they clearly left it wide open for more next year, especially with Ruby. I'm more than OK with that, they did a decent number of stuff in that season, you didn't feel like they felt anything out to hold back for season 2 (which was confirmed before season 1 aired). I'm excited for next season
 #167595  by Eric
 Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:22 pm
Yeah that's fine, it did extremely well and got a second season early on. :)
 #167600  by Oracle
 Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:41 pm
Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness are all favourites of my wife's. When I grabbed all the episodes for this and put the first episode on, she almost cried she was so happy, lol. She had no idea they were making this series.

We finished it last week. Absolutely loved it. Everything I wanted out of the season, and no real disappointments.

Can't wait for season two.
Ash has no need to bargain to resurrect a pretty face. He'll just find another! (in a bathroom stall)
 #169379  by kali o.
 Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:41 pm
Season 2 has raised the bar -- at least on the comedy front. The best thing on TV right now. I really hope they keep it up for a solid story arc, don't add filler...3 or 4 seasons tops (ya, I added one...). Then roll out a movie in a few years.

Did I mention this show is awesome? Am I repeating myself?

edit: Apparently bruce wants 5 seasons.
 #169390  by Eric
 Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:35 am
They got the rights to Army of Darkness too.
 #169408  by kali o.
 Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:20 pm
Eric wrote:They got the rights to Army of Darkness too.
I didn't know that -- I remember they showed medieval chainsaw ash in the Necronomicon at some point...but I couldn't recall if that was an image from ED2 or AoD. Have there been AoD references yet?
 #169410  by Oracle
 Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:16 am
Eric wrote:They got the rights to Army of Darkness too.
Did they?

I heard rumours about that, but this is the latest I could find:

http://screenrant.com/ash-vs-evil-dead- ... -campbell/

As per Campbell:

“I’ve been sort of putting that to bed. It was a random thing that Rob [Tapert] said, and you know how the internet is, if you see one sentence written, it’s real. I think Rob was more alluding to the fact that we’ve already taken stuff that would have been in Army of Darkness. He still time-travels before Army of Darkness. People have always asked, “Where is Army of Darkness?” Like, we don’t really need Army of Darkness. That was sort of our take on the whole thing. You’ve got to be careful referencing certain movies, because then you have to make deals with certain partners that might own those certain movies.”

Also, more recently:

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2016/09/28/bru ... d-season-2

But if someone has news stating otherwise, that would be awesome.
 #169492  by Zeus
 Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:13 am
I am holding off on season 2 'til it's all down then I'm gonna binge it. I don't wanna wait in between eps.

5 seasons? I don't know. First was awesome and if it can stay that great, sure. But I don't want fatigue to set in for me or complacency for the writers and show runners. Just do what you have planned, keep it fresh, take a break, and make a movie or something. Don't over do it. They hit gold, don't beat it with a dead horse
 #169494  by kali o.
 Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:53 am
Ya, I wont lie - I was getting pretty enthusiastic. 5 might be overkill. As for season 2...sadly, it has lost a little momentum the last couple episodes. I hope it gets back on track.
 #169560  by Zeus
 Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:42 am
That and Westworld end on December 4. I'm gonna grab both of them then and watch them over the holidays
 #169567  by kali o.
 Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:14 pm
Zeus wrote:That and Westworld end on December 4. I'm gonna grab both of them then and watch them over the holidays
I think Ash continues until Dec 10th.
 #169586  by Zeus
 Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:10 pm
kali o. wrote:
Zeus wrote:That and Westworld end on December 4. I'm gonna grab both of them then and watch them over the holidays
I think Ash continues until Dec 10th.
I doubled checked epguides.com. Last ep is Dec 11. Either way, I ain't getting to it until the holidays
 #170521  by kali o.
 Tue May 01, 2018 11:27 pm
Cancelled a little before its time but ended in a pretty solid manner (though somewhat rushed obviously).

It declined after the incredible 1st/2nd season -- but Id still say this was one of the best things currently on TV. Why didnt it get viewers? Being on Starz...obviously...but maybe Evil Dead is destined to be cult only.