The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Riverdale (Archie live action series)

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #169728  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:38 pm
It looks like something conceived by Banky Edwards, Holden McNeil, and Hooper X.

Archie isn't fucking Mr Weatherbee
Spoiler: show
But he is fucking Miss Grundy.
Moose is a closet homosexual.
Theory: Cheryl Blossom probably had an incestuous relationship with her twin brother before entering a suicide pact with him; where he killed himself, and she didn't.
Betty and Veronica will probably have a threesome with Archie, they've already kissed.
And Dillon from 90210 is Archie's father.
I can already tell I am going to be watching a lot of this show.
 #169729  by Eric
 Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:01 pm
*sigh* You to? lol just reading the premise on paper butchers so much of my childhood, they murdered Cheryl Blossom's brother in the first episode for god's sake, and there was implied incest!
 #170295  by Shrinweck
 Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:05 am
I got a few episodes into this based off this thread and I don't regret it. It's scratches the same itch as The 100 but it hasn't gone off the rails yet.

Out of curiosity did any of you watch the new Twin Peaks season? Yes it was that post that got me curious enough lol

I remember reading some Archie when I was a kid but other than the names and some of the character archetypes I don't recall a single thing. I remember liking Jughead the most but this was so long ago I sure as shit cannot recall why.
 #170298  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:39 am
Riverdale end of the last episode was kind of like this:

Except reverse. Which is interesting, because you see a gang of poor people featuring Tom Cruise, Matt Dillon, Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe, and Emilio Estevez.

The 100 can pick up the pieces. The end of the last season left it open for an interesting new direction. I want it to go back to the more fast paced crazy all-over-the-place-plot-lines-that-actually-get-resolved style. The show gets kind of stale when they lock themselves too heavily into a season-long plot arc and keep focused on it... pretty much the opposite logic of any other sci-fi themed show.

The most entertaining thing about Archie before Riverdale was, IMO, Chasing Amy:

#170342  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:42 pm
I almost flipped when I saw the Tony Todd cameo... especially when they had all the buzzing coming from the back of his truck (For anyone who was a fan of Candyman back in the day - turned out to be flies, not bees).
The episode is called Tales from the Darkside. It is not typically paced, more artistic and stylized, LOTS of dark humour; even some Hannibal inspired stuff. There are three segments, and while each has a similar stylized pace, they each have a unique quirky styles carried through.
Also, this episode shows how awesome Cheryl is.
Sheriff Keller can now be called Sheriff Shatner.
Also a Pulp Fiction homage.

A very fun episode. My favourite episode of the season so far. If you’re keeping up you may have seen this one a couple of weeks ago. I’m a little behind
 #170417  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:16 am
There were a couple of Simpsons episodes paid tribute to in the last episode:

Lisa the Iconoclast - where she learns that Jebediah Springfield was actually evil.
The Telltale Head - where Bart decapitates his statue.

The story was all over the place with ALL sorts of ADHD-level randomness happening, and much of it extremely silly (like the whole wrestling thing) and yet it was somehow an entertaining mess =P
 #170428  by Eric
 Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:19 am
There's a really weird meme that's spawn in china from this show with Veronica saying "Karma's a bitch".