The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• It's Always Sunny Returns Sept. 5th for season 13

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #170614  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:23 pm
It's becoming more common these days, but It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's last season ended almost a year and a half ago. Some people weren't as fond of the more recent seasons as they were of previous seasons, but I think the show hasn't missed a beat.

and

and

#170657  by Shrinweck
 Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:57 am
I'm surprised this came back with AP Bio getting renewed, but I guess they just wanted to give him space to get settled with the new show. I have high expectations for the return.
 #170662  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:42 am
Glenn Howerton's character was written out of the show, but he'll likely be back. He's still writer and creative director. He wouldn't speak on the Dennis character because he doesn't want to spoil the show. I think the situation was more like "We want to take a break" and Glenn was like "Well I don't want to, so I'm going to do this other show on the side."
 #170712  by Julius Seeker
 Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:02 pm
If it were any other show this would be a fantastic return. But it had a sort of “We’re back after hiatus and trying to find our bearings” blow off feel to it despite getting in some good gags. IMO, Curb’s latest went better with the whole Fatwa thing. Then again, it’s sort of difficult to fault them for this after 12 seasons of very fresh and unique feeling episodes.

That’s just my opinion, it otherwise got decent great reviews.

EDIT:

Episode 2 - eh? I felt this one could have been better from a plot and conceptual standpoint. The jokes and bits were good, but it all felt like it didn't fit together correctly (IMO). I feel like the Jurassic Park references and the "I don't think America could have spoken louder that we don't want a woman running things than our last election." joke, while funny, seemed like it was wasted in this episode - even though the theme was "men are better." The episode felt like filler, and like the first of the season, I'd say one of the lowest ranking of the entire series. Again, not bad for any other show except this one. It feels like they're pulling their punches.

"Uh-uh-uh! You didn't say the safe word."
"...clever girl!"
 #170954  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:51 pm
I am not sure the show could have been more unexpected than that finale.

Although I said "I don't get this?" immediately before Frank said the "I get it." =D
Steph explained to me that it was a dance with God and how guilty he felt with all aspects of his life for being gay... after slapping me =D

I wonder if the gang is trying to win an award again?