The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Comedian Artie Lange hits rock bottom

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #171035  by Julius Seeker
 Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:56 am
Holy shit!

If you don't remember this guy, he was one of the stars of Mad TV back in the 90s. He's more recently been associated with Norm Macdonald and Howard Stern; where he was a part of the programming for around a decade. More recently he's been doing podcasts and a lot of cocaine and is in a pathetic state.

Here he was back in his Mad TV days:

Here he was last Thursday:
 #171036  by kali o.
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:50 pm
Artie was never funny when he was high - I was always surprised Stern didnt fire him well before the suicide attempt (stern isnt funny anymore though).

Im just amazed Artie isnt dead yet. He's got epic constitution.
 #171037  by Eric
 Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:35 pm
Is his nose like that from snorting drugs or because he got punched in the face repeatedly for not paying his dealer?
 #171038  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:27 pm
Haha, my first thought was that he got his face punched in. It turns out it was the cocaine, there are pictures from earlier this year of his nose getting more swollen, and the recent ones show that it's deflated. Maybe an infection? Maybe wear and tear?

#171040  by kali o.
 Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:53 am
Yeah, his nose was looking a little bulbous and off the last time on saw him on a podcast. Not as bad as Seekers swollen photo, but it was completely different from his time on the stern show. Definitely long term abuse and it finally gave out, not a punch.

Artie claimed to have never injected (at least last I heard), so most of that heroin over the last 20 years went up his nose.