The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• The Upcoming Bond film (Daniel Craig's last)

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #172054  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:33 pm
In case you haven't seen:

It looks like they're making Bond into less of a one-man gang in this one. The team dynamic, along with the nighttime scenes and martial arts stuff, gives the film a bit of a Mission Impossible vibe. Craig's Bond films have been hit and miss. Still, I think that's generally true for every Bond outside of the Lazenby and Dalton films, which, in my opinion, were all solid (even if Lazenby was a bit terrible as Bond, Diana Rigg and Telly Savalas, along with superb writing and directing, really elevated the film above most of the rest). The difference with Craig's films is they're either among the best or the worst Bond films ever.

SPECTRE was a blatant case of studio meddling; Blofeld being James Bond's brother was the stupidest, most contrived twist I've ever seen in a spy film.

Last, the next Bond film, after this one, will star Tom Hardy. I don't know what to make of it. I suppose being 5 ft 5 didn't hurt Tom Cruise :P