The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Tenchi Muyo Season 5

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #172422  by Don
 Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:54 pm
Probably only Seeker is interested in this, but I saw some synopsis and Tenchi marries Ryoko/Aeka/Sasami/Mihoshi/Washu/Ryoohki/some other girl at the same time while the story seems to pivot to some new character. I literally have no idea what they're trying to accomplish with anything after the end of the first OAV. I thought it's well established that on a power level, if a human is 1, a god is 2, and a god amongst gods is a 3, then Tenchi is at least a 10 so not sure why anyone would expect any conflict to even have meaning.
 #172423  by Eric
 Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:08 pm
wtf Season 5 of Tenchi Muyo in 2021.

I've forgotten so much about what happened.
 #172425  by Don
 Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:53 pm
I think there was like at least a ten year lag between some of the seasons, and I think by season 3 and 4 it's a brand new cast that nobody ever cares about. Also despite adding a ton of random characters that nobody can even name, it turns out 6 out of the 7 girls he married are from season 1 (the new girl might be season 4 or something, not like anyone knows what it's even about).

It's kind of funny all the spinoffs Tenchi is forever stuck with stopping black holes as a feat since that's about as powerful a feat as he can do without making the 3 Goddesses trivial.
 #172428  by Eric
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:41 am
Yeah I'm completely lost trying to get into this. It didn't help that the first episode was just a whole lot of talking.
 #172429  by Don
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:28 pm
Seems like all Tenchi Muyo now is a bunch of cosmic conspiracy that never amounts to anywhere since there's no credible threaten to the universe of Tenchi Muyo that can even survive Tenchi's harem let alone himself. I think the last major threat was Sasami's mother trying to destroy all the multiverses and future Tenchi actually showed up to add some more girls to his harem and solved everything.
 #172430  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:58 pm
The Neon Genesis remake “Rebuild of Evangelion” also concludes tomorrow.

I think I’ve only actually seen the first two Tenchi OVAs. I am aware of the third, I just haven’t taken the time to get it. So I have some catching up to do.