The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• "Bel-Air" is a drama reimagined remake of Fresh Prince

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #172968  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:26 pm
I'm getting STRONG Riverdale vibes from this.

When I first heard about it, my immediate thought was "How in hell are they going to replace the original cast?" Then it was "Are they going to do a Fuller House style sequel? A sequel-com? Sitquel-com? (or whatever)"
Then I watched the trailer, and I was confused a moment, then pleasantly surprised.

Right now the response seems to be heavily positive. But I'm waiting for the massive backlash that the Internet likes to do when thousands of people are given the opportunity to whine to the hundreds of thousands/millions more who will be easily infected by it. But I'm looking forward to it. There are some more cynnical snobby sites where they're already criticizing it for using the Fresh Prince license - but why the hell not? It's the same concept, different direction. The original show ended 25 years ago. Seems like a great use of the license to me.

I hope I enjoy it. And the original is still there.
I'm more optimistic about the show considering it's not just another sequel-com.
 #172971  by Eric
 Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:01 pm
No no no no no no no, Riverdale is in a category of it's own in terms of awful terrible ridiculousness. Nothing quite compares and I watch it just because of the level of train wreck and how hard it is to look away.

This was made by people that loved the original, it's based off a fan trailer that was released 2 years ago and got Will Smith's attention and apparently the right people in Hollywood, even if it does end up terrible, it won't be for the same reasons as Riverdale.

Orginal fan trailer.

#172984  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:40 pm
I’m just saying I get the vibes. Probably because it’s a comedy show gone drama.

I was cool with Riverdale, but mostly because I like B movie mystery horror. Although, I did stop watching sometime around season 3, but that’s true of me with most shows.