The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Clerks 3

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #173146  by Julius Seeker
 Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:49 pm
If you haven’t seen it and we’re a fan of the first two films, or the Viewaskewniverse at all, this is a great film by Kevin Smith, I’d argue one of his very best. While it’s the third film in the series, it somehow avoids feeling at all derivative while strongly following the first and second film.

Reboot, for example, feels much like the other two more silly comedic films (Mallrats and Strike Back), and I liked it for that. Clerks 3 is a firmly on the other side of the spectrum (alongside the original Clerks and Chasing Amy) - a much more grounded film with far tighter scenes. Speaking of which, it’s probably the first really personal feeling story Kevin Smith has told in film since Chasing Amy and the biggest milestone in the ViewAskewniverse since the original Clerks.

You won’t get that from the trailer because the trailer only really reveals the setup and the upper layer of the film, it goes deeper down. Also, a lot of the Clerks 1 cast made returns.

I’ll give one spoiler, no Russian metal singer or: