The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Deadpool 3 (2024)

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #173157  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:25 pm
I’m a bit late as it was announced about two months ago. Every now and then I check up on franchises I want to know about. There isn’t much revealed about it yet except the following:
1. Hugh Jackman returns as Wolverine
2. R-Rating
3. Disney Marvel Studios will co-produce and their first R-Rated production.
4. Taylor Swift is not joining the cast (Ryan Reynolds confirms… even though no one asked or expected her)
5. Shawn Levy directing (The Secret world of Alex Mack, Animorphs, Night at the Museum 1 and 2, Date Night… also a bunch of episodes of Stranger Things!)
6. Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick return for the third time as writers (they’re also known for the Zombieland series).
7. It takes place before Logan. So no shenanigans around the ending of that film.

My thoughts
• I hope they do a lot of X-Men Origins references, I’m one of that films few fans. I’m aware the dialogue is bad, but the scenes are great, and IMO the story is still better than most MCU films.
• I hope this goes well as an R-Rated film for Disney, because an R-Rating is often more than just tacked on blood and nudity, they can take the story, the comedy, the drama to places that are off limits in PG/G world. So everything ends up feeling more real and human by the rules of the world (even if they’re unrealistic).
• I hope the Fox side handles the primary flow of the story. MCU films all feel like Michael Bay produced them. I cannot stand that choppy disconnected style of shoehorned in BS for an ADHD audience that Disney Marvel does with their films. Fox’s were usually much more my thing - especially the Blades, the Wolverine trilogy, First Class, and Dark Phoenix. And I don’t fucking care if Bryan Singer directed X-Men 1 and 2 and they had Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellan in them, that argument from authority is usually the #1 always used against me when I say I didn’t much care for original trilogy… no one defends the third, but I actually probably enjoyed that the most overall of the original trilogy, except maybe the beginning of the Rogue/Wolverine story in part 1.
• Shawn Levy looks like a cunt. Everyone who does those cunty bullshit looking half smiles that look rehearsed looks like a cunt (I know, I used to do them in high school so when I was photographed I didn’t look clownish, and DAMN did I look like a cunt back then with my frosted tips… also, nothing against Montreal, but it’s their culture to smile like cunts). Not saying he is a cunt… although he did direct for Canada’s YTV back in the day. Ah, I’m just being a dick to this guy, he’s probably not a cunt at all.
• Last: I love that at the head of the film’s creative vision is Shawn Levy, Ryan Reynolds, and Paul Wernick - a trio of Canadians - will ensure this film has an authentic Canadian touch for this Canadian character.