The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Gon Lost His Mind. Everyone Misunderstands Why

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #173292  by Don
 Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:20 pm
I think people tend to way overanalyze HXH. As far as I can tell Gon is a pretty one sided character that even the author doesn't like so he didn't really get pampered. He basically did a lot of dumb things and most of them worked out because he's supposed to be the main character until they didn't, and then he had some kind of nervous breakdown and should've died but didn't because he's still the main character.

I don't know if his personality is a plot hole or that he's supposed to be this moody kid that has no standards but either way it's not really worth discussing why he turned out the way he is. If he's not the main character he should've had his head blown off by Razor and then Razor can tell Ging that I killed your son like you asked, and Ging probably will be like 'then that's not my son because he's weak' and nothing of significance would've changed in HXH because they'd just find more bailouts or more nukes in the Ants arc instead.

Speaking of which, I saw this comment that Razor should be like 'oh yeah you're like the 50th person that claim to be Ging's son. Let's hope you're the real one' and I think that's something that's totally possible given how trash Ging was at raising children.