The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Beef is probably the best new show on Netflix in years

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #173318  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:36 pm
It’s a dark comedy miniseries with two main characters on opposite ends of a feud with each other over a road rage incident that neither can let go. So, it keeps flipping protagonist and antagonist, depending on whose scene it is.

Ali Wong - who I know from Paper Girls, stars as Amy Lau, a middle class Californian Karen-type with a rage disorder… and what appears to be a sexual attraction to guns. She sees this feud as a form of therapy. She’s quite wealthy, married to a trust fund kid, and runs a business she is on the verge of selling for 10 million dollars. Amy is seen as a great and caring person in her community, but others know the true her beneath (I think she’s a narcissist).

Steven Yeun - best known for his role as Glen in The Walking Dead, plays a struggling contractor who has terrible instincts when it comes to money. He is quickly losing faith in society and following society’s rules.

Another actor I recognize is Ashley Park - who I saw in the raunchy comedy Joy Ride (which is a fantastic film). She plays Naomi, an acquaintance of Amy. She becomes nosy after Amy dismisses her a few times, and stumbles upon Amy’s dark secret life.