The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Fallout The Netflix series (except by Amazon & the makers of Westworld)

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #173330  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:53 pm
I’ve watched the entire thing, and it’s an interesting take on the post-Apocalyptic genre. It’s more about the setting and the style than the plot. The plot is kinda like Gulliver’s Travels - except through an apocalyptic wasteland.

The coolest character “The Ghoul” is basically Red Skull meets the man in black from Westworld.

The only actors I’m familiar with is Jackie from Yellowjackets, who stars in this show, and the blind woman from Deadpool, and the Club owner from Showgirls who fucks Nomi in the pool.

Also, Yellowjackets is one of the best shows around right now. A dark comedy-drama featuring cults and cannibals and starring an ensemble cast that includes Christina Ricci, Melanie Lynskey, Elijah Wood, and Juliette Lewis. Melanie Lynskey also had a cameo in The Last of Us (which I’m mentioned now, comparisons are made!).

While the post-apocalyptic theme mixed with a journey will inevitably draw comparisons with The Last of Us, the two shows are different genres (one a drama, the other a comedy) and feel very different from one another. Fallout is more like The 100, except deliberately funny while The 100 was funny by accident. Also, the budget for Fallout is probably like 100 times more than The 100.