The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Nobunaga 12/13 on Steam

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #166322  by Don
 Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:23 am
That'd be Kakushin and Tendo and I think it's $50/$55 each. It's in Japanese but if you happen to be able to read it and also know the Sengoku period like the back of your hand, they're actually really good games. I figure since I bought Nobunaga 14 (Souzou) on Steam for $60 which totally sucked that sort of makes up for pirating the two before, though I'll probably buy them when they go on a sale because they're games I don't mind replaying sometimes and it's easier to have it on Steam rather than going through random Chinese sites to try to find a copy of it.

Kakushin is the better strategy game, though the graphics are pretty ghetto. It's a very solid game and the units are fairly historically accurate, which means it takes an entire army to stop Uesugi Kenshin or Takeda Shingen, and Nobunaga is actually pretty weak early on the game, while after halfway you can just delegate your way to victory as long as you don't move him to the castle where he got assassinated historically. In fact if you look at the trigger to get assassinated while playing as Nobunaga it's actually pretty hard to do, like certain guys have to be in exact spot at certain times for this to even happen.

Tendo looks pretty good though it plays less like a strategy game since the real highlight is the story mode (which is why you need to know the time period like the back of your hand, or it wouldn't even make sense). For example you can play as Akechi, the guy who backstabbed Nobunaga and from his point of view he's saving the world for a good cause and your empire lasts more than 20 days or so unlike the history, and there was a scene where Akechi is talking about how now they're at war with pretty much all of Japan for murdering Nobunaga in cold blood and they ran out of money so what they need to do is borrow money at a high interest and then throw a huge party so that it doesn't look like they're short on money. Clearly this guy was a precursor to the American lifestyle several centuries before the United States even existed as a country. Or play as Sanada Yukimura, the guy said to be the #1 Samurai of the Sengoku period, and then in his story after you defeated Uesugi Kenshin he just does a dragon punch and beats you anyway because he's you know, the God of War, and then he decided he's too old to be wiping out armies by himself and decided to let the young guys handle it. Then there's probably the highlight of 'play Uesugi Kenshin as a female', because the God of War with a huge beard and died from overdrinking totally could've been a woman. After all, he had no sons and was said to be uninterested in woman (probably because they're not useful in war). Actually, it does make Kenshin easier to beat if you're not playing as him since you won't have 6 digit damage splash damage attack from his ultimate moves unlike the previous games, and bizarrely he also doesn't have the ultimate charge attack unlike the earlier games (Sanada Yukimura has that technique, the best you can get as Uesugi's side would be Shadow Charge without recruiting). At times the game plays almost more like RPG since this game has a huge tactics inflation where Ultimate Charge is only the 4th strongest Charge attack (above it you got Shadow Charge, Crimson Riders, and whatever Sanada's technique is). You also have guys like Musashi Miyamoto and his special moves is just his sword tech and it also kills like 15000 people at once though it's actually on the low end of special moves and I can Himura Kenshin doing the same thing.