The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Steam Winter Sale 2015

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #167414  by Shrinweck
 Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:22 pm
Finally went and picked up Undertale for $8. Been hearing great things about it but it had been out so long that I just wanted to save a dollar or two.. So I did!

I've had Metro 2033 and Last Light for a while but never actually played them. I actually bought Last Light 'for free' by selling TF2 items in the Community Marketplace but still never played it. I got the Redux graphic/gameplay upgrades for them so hopefully that'll give me some motivation, either that or I just got Steam sale tricked into buying two games twice that I'll never play. But I appreciate the humor in that enough to make the leap.

I also picked up a rhythm game called Melody's Escape that's kind of interesting. I don't think it'll grab me like Audiosurf (2) but it seemed like a decent distraction. As long as I get another 90 minutes out of it I won't feel terribly disappointed at throwing $5 at it.

I'm not really sure what else I want during the sale. It'll probably be worth my time to pre-order XCOM 2 for the 6 trading cards it'll get me (hey, if I'm going to be doing it any way...).

Other than XCOM 2 the only thing that I'd want off the top of my head is The Flame in the Flood and I'm not sure that's going to go on sale since it's semi-new on early access.