The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Nintendo at the Apple Keynote

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #169303  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:45 pm
[img width=400 height=280]https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/iqj ... /-1x-1.png[/img]

Nintendo and Apple have announced a partnership featuring the release of Super Mario Runner. A runner based on Super Mario Bros. I am not sure if there will be the option for more classic graphic sets similar to the Mario Maker games, but it is using the most recent graphics set.

The game brings back my favourite feature from Super Mario Bros 2 (I actually hated the rest of the game, but really liked this feature) where you can challenge your friends to scores on various levels.

It was a little surreal to see two of Nintendo's biggest celebrities, Bill Trinen and Shigeru Miyamoto, up on the stage.

It was a big day, Apple and Sony both had their press conferences, Sony announced new hardware, their stock dropped. Apple's stock slightly up after their conference. The big winner was Nintendo, whose announcement dominated social media and managed to catch a ride alongside Apple on major news outlets, and for the second time this year one of the largest stock spikes in the company's history. They're back to the levels of the height of the Pokemon Go explosion. Whether or not it will stabilize higher remains to be seen.
Business-wise, they stealth-stole the day, gaining them more moentum heading towards their NX unveiling which most are saying will happen soon (my earlier estimate was after the holidays, but who knows now?). It's highly possible we'll hear something around TGS which occurs in a week.