The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Crosscode - Zelda except it's good

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #170774  by Shrinweck
 Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:24 am
Okay this title is clickbait and I have been drinking, but I needed to start a thread for this game. This is the closest thing to Hollow Knight since, well, Hollow Knight. For $20 you get well over 50 hours of content (way more if you're a completionist). The puzzles are almost all elegantly done and the mechanics are introduced in a truly intelligent way. The combat is fun and competent. It isn't the games strongest suit, but it's fun.

The game has a long skill tree which is a big part of what made me go from skeptical, to willing to buy the game.

If you're turned off by the fairly common occurrence of early access games with pixel art making their way to release, I would recommend ignoring the art (which is amazing once you're actually playing the game).

This, like, Hollow Knight, is a bit of a sleeper hit.
 #170776  by Eric
 Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:00 pm
Apparently was already on my wishlist, looks mad anime though lol.

How long to ebat?
 #170792  by Replay
 Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:19 pm
Shrinweck wrote:Okay this title is clickbait and I have been drinking
I applaud this post based simply on the raw and brutal honesty on display :D
 #170798  by Shrinweck
 Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:03 pm
I played for like ~30 minutes when I was drunk and just explored the new area I opened. When I loaded into my save file sober the next day it took me a while just to figure out exactly what I'd accomplished heh.

I got around to beating this. Very satisfying. The puzzles are very elegant and the game is very polished compared to basically all released early access titles.

Took about 60 hours to beat with another couple hours or so for the true ending. If I wanted to 100% chests and exploration it would likely be another 20+ hours, especially if I didn't use guides (which I would if I went for these things). This is definitely one of the best dollar/hour games I've played.