The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Chrono Break

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #170880  by Eric
 Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:54 pm
 #170881  by Oracle
 Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:51 pm
For clarification, this is a mock up trailer by the creator of Owlboy. This will never be an actual game :p
 #170891  by Eric
 Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:52 pm
Oracle wrote:For clarification, this is a mock up trailer by the creator of Owlboy. This will never be an actual game :p
Yeah I know, it hit me in the feels though even as a mock-up :)

I think I'd lose my mind for a Chrono Trigger sequel more in the vein of Chrono Trigger then Chrono Cross.

Like I like Chrono Cross, but I love Trigger.

Seeing Final Fantasy 7 Remake get announced at that E3 2015 literally made me cry tears of joy.
 #170892  by Oracle
 Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:28 am
Chrono Cross is an afterthought in my gaming life. It was decent, but just not the trend-setter and genre-definer that Chrono Trigger was.

I still think they could make good money on a Chrono Trigger sequel, especially if they go the sprite-based design route. Kind of crazy to me that they haven't exploited the IP more.
 #170894  by Julius Seeker
 Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:19 pm
Chrono Cross, to me, ranged from a Xenogears B-side to being downright offensive to my sensibilities as a Chrono Trigger fan =)

It’s not a bad game, but it’s not a major classic either.
When you read some of the accounts of people who worked on the game, Mitsuda’s for example, you begin to wonder if this game should have been made in the first place. At the same time, without it, the exodus that helped form Monolithsoft may not have happened. Square lost a lot of talent after CC and FF9.