The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Disco Elysium

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #171585  by Oracle
 Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:52 pm
Anyone else pick this one up? I'm only about 30 min into it, and I can tell it's going to be a slow-go for me as I have to click on and explore everything.

Not really far enough into it to give many impressions, other than it looks interesting, very dystopian, I like the world design, and the writing is super fucking deep.

Basically, based on the stats you pick, you have different internalized specialties, which kind of act like your internal voice in response to dialogue and interacting with the world. It appears you can go along with the internal voice, or take it a different direction (e.g., in response to a dude trying to assert dominance, this pops up: Volition - Show this guy who's boss!). I've also been exposed to one 'thought' from a super-racist with a massive superiority complex, based on his view on race status and structure for the various humans in the world. If I want, I can choose to 'internalize' the thought, and basically ingrain it into my character related to what he believes in, which I assume will impact other interactions.

Again, looks very interesting.
 #171586  by Eric
 Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:55 pm
If The Other Worlds wasn't like right around the corner I woulda considered it.
 #171587  by Oracle
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:13 pm
Eh, the game seemed interesting, and I grabbed it, not really caring about what else is coming out. The Outer Worlds will get my attention, at least eventually.