The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• So March & April is gonna be stupid lol

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #171684  by Eric
 Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:42 am
March

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX [Switch] – March 6
Ori and the Will of the Wisps [PC, XBO] – March 11
MLB The Show 20 [PS4] – March 13
My Hero One's Justice 2 [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – March 13
Nioh 2 [PS4] – March 13
Animal Crossing Switch New Horizons [Switch] – March 20 (Animal Crossing pre-order)
Doom Eternal [PC, PS4, XBO, Stadia] – March 20
Doom 64 [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – March 20
Bleeding Edge [PC, XBO] – March 24
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – March 27
Persona 5 Royal [PS4] – March 31
Half-Life: Alyx [PC VR] – March TBC

April

Aeolis Tournament [PC, Switch] – April 3
Resident Evil 3 [PC, PS4, XBO] – April 3 (Resident Evil 3 Remake pre-order)
Final Fantasy 7 Remake [PS4] – April 10 (pre-order Final Fantasy 7 Remake)
Cyberpunk 2077 [PC, PS4, XBO, Stadia] – April 16 (pre-order Cyberpunk 2077)
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Road To Boruto [Switch] – April 24
Predator Hunting Grounds [PS4] – April 24
Trials of Mana [PC, PS4, Switch] – April 24
Gears Tactics [PC] – April 28
Luigi’s Mansion 3 Multiplayer Pack Part 1 [Switch] – April TBC
Minecraft Dungeons [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – April TBC

There's like 7-9 games I want to play coming out in this 2 month period. The birth of a new Backlog! >:)
 #171686  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:30 pm
Three games I want: Animal Crossing, FF7 Remake, and Cyberpunk 2077.
Luckily, I only have the console to play one of them right now. I already have a backlog after the boatload of RPGs that came to Switch last year - it was basically more RPGs in one year than Nintendo home consoles have received in the last 4 generations of home consoles (5 generations, if you only count SNES's English releases).
 #171688  by kali o.
 Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:47 pm
There is nothing on that list that interests me, besides Cyberpunk obviously...but is April realistic?

I was passingly interested in the FF7 remake until someone told me its not even the full game and will be split...i dunno if thats true...
 #171694  by Eric
 Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:38 pm
kali o. wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:47 pm
There is nothing on that list that interests me, besides Cyberpunk obviously...but is April realistic?

I was passingly interested in the FF7 remake until someone told me its not even the full game and will be split...i dunno if thats true...
It got delayed!

And yeah FFVII is part 1
 #171715  by Oracle
 Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:37 am
https://www.cnet.com/news/final-fantasy ... on-part-2/
"We've already begun working on the next one," Nomura wrote. "I'm confident that playing through [Part 1] will expand your expectations just like the world that extends beyond Midgar."

That last line is a reference to Remake Part 1 encompassing the Final Fantasy 7 story up until Cloud Strife and friends leave Midgar. That's a significantly-sized portion of the original, but some fret that it's not substantial enough to warrant a game. Nomura also responded to that worry.

"With regard to the size of the game that many are asking about," he wrote, "there's no reason at all to worry. Even in this Midgar portion alone, the density and volume are so great that I had to give directions to lighten them."

-Severely- disappointed when I read this. When I played the original FF7, I couldn't WAIT to get out of Midgar. Now, I'm assuming the city will be completely bad-ass and expanded, with a lot to do, but the exploration of the world, and places like the Gold Saucer, are what I found most enjoyable in the game....

I guess it meas Aerith is relevant the entire game.
 #171745  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:13 am
I'm the opposite. My favourite part of Final Fantasy 7 is Midgar.
It's dark, atmospheric, and very cyberpunk. I still remember the first time my characters broke onto the train, the swaying of the grab-handles, the way the other passengers quietly moved to the opposite end of the car as your gang got on the train.

Not only the location, but the inhabitants of Midgar, and the storytelling. As an example: The Don Corneo scene was absolutely brilliant, lighthearted, funny, and dark all at once.

It's a city I really want to explore, to know more about. I've always wanted to see since first playing the game is a vast expansion of Midgar. A place I can practically live in.

It also debuted some of my favourite tracks of any video game:

#171746  by Eric
 Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:06 pm
Speaking of Square has some demo that they decided to not release to the public, it's apparently one of those demo to buy which unlock the entire game deals, well long story short it leaked and was datamined to hell, and the entire soundtrack is out there, which I acquired. :^)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eO-j7b ... nqSg5/view enjoy.