The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• 7 Deadly Sin Worst PvP ever

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #171775  by Don
 Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:25 pm
I've played a lot of games and I've a hard time thinking of a game that did PvP worse than this. I know you get like a weekly card (~$8) of premium currencies for putting up with this system which is why everyone does it, but it's pretty hard to come up with a worst system for both synchronous and asynchronous PvP if you tried. I'll go from the good, bad, and ugly.

The Good

The latest character in banner almost always is the best in PvP ensuring a P2W environment.
The stronger player always goes first to reinforce the above.

The Bad

Consumables have a huge impact and is a considerable time/money sink since you got to go buy the limited 5 stock ingredients every day or you can't even make enough of them.
Basically no semblance of balance.
After your initial draw you're likely to draw 25 cards you don't need in a row to ensure that even if you could KO half of their team on the first round it'll still take 10 rounds to win if they didn't give up.

The Ugly

Each battle takes about 5-10 minutes, especially against a bot who will never give up because the game feels very proud about its animations so you got to see them all.
The bots purposely reshuffle their cards to pretend they're human, even though it's not fooling anyone. They always take the maximum time possible each round, but of course since they're bots they won't actually select the wrong cards unlike a human.

I understand the motivation of this game is to make a game that sucks slightly less than Fate Grand Order, which they probably accomplished, but just barely. Well, the story mode of 7DS is actually pretty good since it took place in the part of 7DS that was actually good.

I'm noticing Japanese mobile games seem to have some potential, as in they'll have some parts that are actually good and then everything is trash. Is this why their games tend to just stay in the home market? Having bots that stall for time must be up there with FF14 "I heard jumping is good in a MMORPG' in terms of out of touch with reality. I get the vibe of Austin Powers where you've these Japanese developers out of cyrofreeze from 5 decades ago developing game without any of the modern lessons learned. Yet it's not like they're terrible persons. They can make some interesting stuff but there's just an unfathomable gap between whatever world they develop in and reality. I'm beginning to think stuff like Sword Arts Online are popular beyond the usual harem factor but that Japanese really think these hypothetical games where you can say get physically shocked for getting hit in a game is going to sell like hotcakes if they existed in Japan.