The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Paradox Games announces Victoria 3

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #172491  by Julius Seeker
 Sat May 22, 2021 8:19 am
Victoria 2 was over 10 years ago now. It’s one I wanted to play more of, but I do a lot of multiplayer in these games, and Crusader Kings is what generally gets played - even when CK2 had connection issues, it’s still the one we played.

Victoria 3 is the sequel to the third game in the Grand Campaign. The Grand Campaign uses a converter to link Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Victoria, and Hearts of Iron into a single timeline. Victoria 3 is the first time in 11 years that this stretch has been updated, and IMO, Victoria 2 - despite being the oldest game of the four, always felt like the most advanced of the bunch, even with CK3 and Hearts of Iron 4. This is mostly because of the more detailed scope of the game, digging deeper into Empire management and trade mechanics than the other games.

#173101  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:44 am
This is the longest they’ve gone between announcing a game and releasing… at least from what I remember. We have a date, October 25.

Interesting enough, I was digging through my old game’s collection and I found my copy of the original Europa Universalis. The first game in the Paradox Games grand strategy universe.