The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Gunvolt 3 Trailer

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #172912  by Don
 Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:11 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4zO0qFHpf4

Saw this today. Actually looks pretty decent, but Gunvolt is something I have a hard time getting into. I didn't even finish getting the true ending for the first game because it's like 4 hours of pointless stuff you got to do to unlock it. There's just too much obsession with speed run in the entire game that it feels like it's not for people the 99% of the players that plays a Mega Man game normally, and the fact that like every female of significance dies is pretty sad too. Joule is going for her 3 out of 3 deaths in 3 appearances as the main female now, but maybe she finally survives in a game since there's a new female lead.
 #172913  by Eric
 Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:21 pm
Ol Kenji is still putting his face in front of stuff eh?

I dunno I've never been able to get into the Gunvolt series. There's something about games where they have a standard attack followed by another attack that you have to use for the kill that bugs me, Gunvolt, Nintendo's Metroid 2 remake, Mighty No 9, I just am not a fan of it.
 #172915  by Don
 Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:44 pm
That's a good point. You can see in the video both characters have to stop to do something to target something before they can actually attack and seems like you've to do that even with the sword so there isn't a fluid combat motion at all. Maybe that works for a few boss battles but to do that on just regular guys is really annoying. It also adds a needless button press because you'd have to be doing like dash + jump + first attack + second attack all at the same time.