The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Microsoft buys Activision Blizzard

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #172973  by Julius Seeker
 Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:08 pm
Activision Blizzard

This is pretty fucking huge. I suppose as far as the video game industry goes, if you can't win it, buy it! :)
It might be that Microsoft decides to choke out its direct competition. Or it might be that they have bigger plans for the Xbox brand in the future that expand beyond Windows and Xbox platforms.
 #172976  by Eric
 Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:49 pm
I remember when they first entered the gaming industry, this was the concern, that they'd buy up everything and basically strong-arm you into buying an Xbox.

It's funny to think that maybe if they bought Activision years ago they could have saved some money.

Although with the recent shit-storm with all the sexual harassment, this seems like the best time for Bobby & the board to cash out.
 #172983  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:33 pm
I’m not too worried about it, but then again, I don’t play Activision or Blizzard games. BUT, if they want me to, they can make Galaxy of StarCraft? Star cluster of StarCraft? Then I’ll buy one. I’m not too worried either, the Xbox Series X is a sexy beast, I wouldn’t mind it in my living room. Anyone else notice how the new Xbox logo is about the same as Degeneration X? They even copied the neon green, silver, and black colour scheme.

Sony is also buying up studios, too. They just got Bungie. Although, for substantially less as it’s a much smaller company.
Shots fired :)
 #172986  by Eric
 Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:53 pm
Bungie is such a weird acquisition, and they can apparently still publish wherever they want. Time will tell how well that one will actually pay off.

Everything ActivisionBlizzard publishes is still on PC so that's neat at least.