The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Did anyone else get Breath of Fire IV?

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #21316  by M'k'n'zy
 Sat Feb 03, 2001 10:46 pm
<div style='font: 9pt "Copperplate Gothic Light", Modern; text-align: left; '>I personally think its an awesome game so far, and would like to get some other peoples input as well. Just dont give me any spoilers ^_^</div>

#21317  by silver_moon
 Sat Feb 03, 2001 11:34 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Modern; text-align: left; '>I bought it, but haven't had time to play it :-<</div>
 #21320  by Corak
 Sun Feb 04, 2001 12:32 am
<div style='font: 12pt Modern; text-align: left; '>...at least when it comes to "old school" RPGs. The game seems like you're perfectly normal RPG, nothing special but doing your average RPG stuff adaquatly. I usually eat these types of games up but I just didn't get any enjoyment out of it. Maybe I'm just getting tired of the same old RPG system or maybe the recent "old school" RPGs I've played actually had a plot I actually find midly engaging and could look past the same old mechanics or weaknesses a game might have. But I found the plot of the game pretty damn unengaging and forgettable after about the 4 hours I played of it. At that point I just gave up on it.</div>

#21339  by §erin
 Sun Feb 04, 2001 4:44 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Modern; text-align: left; '>I not going near it after BoF3</div>

#21341  by M'k'n'zy
 Sun Feb 04, 2001 5:52 pm
<div style='font: 9pt "Copperplate Gothic Light", Modern; text-align: left; '>Hmm. I have really enjoyed it so far.</div>
 #170982  by Shellie
 Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:33 pm
No idea what happened here. Sine updated the database, forum software, and server, so the fact it looks like only one post went wonky is pretty good heh
 #171020  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:43 pm
You can blame me for this one. The posts populated weird for me, and I replied to this as a joke, full well knowing it was nearly 20 years old =P

Also because my response is accurate to the truth, I DO plan on playing it on my slimline PS2 sometime soon.
 #171030  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:55 am
Oh shit! I had no idea your place got caught up in that (or maybe I did and stupidly forgot). Was it where you were living at the time? Your parents' place?

And yeah, I still have the silver slimline - I believe the final version of the console. Back then Sony tended to release crappy model 1 consoles, but their final models were surprisingly resilient. My PS1 model still works as well. Although, honestly, I usually play PSX games on Vita when I do play them these days; but Breath of the Wild 4, I would have bought it for NOTHING if I don't actually play the disk - multiple other people have finished my copy, I have yet to play it for even a minute.