The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Elon Musk-Backed AI Program Quarantined From Public To Keep Humanity Safe

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #171167  by Replay
 Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:37 pm
OpenAI apparently just developed a text generator of substantial sophistication, capable of riffing off surprisingly literate paragraphs of dystopian scifi-style writing with only a single sentence to seed it. It has been quarantined on fears that it will be used to generate fake news at an unprecedented scale.

https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-backed-ai ... 1832650914

Not quite Skynet yet, but I did laugh. Whoever it was that posted last time that apparently AIs are going to be too busy shitposting to destroy the human race, well...

#171170  by Julius Seeker
 Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:43 pm
This could be interesting, but also a little scary. The opportunity for generating content is going to be incredibly high. Whether it's good or bad for society is a completely different issue.

Who would have thought that the first people to be put out of work by the AI revolution would be copywriters and spam authors at Fiver?
 #171172  by Replay
 Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:42 pm
I am also laughing at the notion that Elon seems so determined to prove that AI is dangerous that he'll build SkyNet if he has to just to prove it to everybody.

"SEE THIS? SEE THESE KILLER ROBOTS I BUILT THAT ARE RAVAGING YOUR CITIES? NOW WILL YOU ADMIT THAT AI IS DANGEROUS, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS????" --Elon Musk, 2030