The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Patriots' Bob Kraft Arrested For Prostitution In Strip Mall Massage Parlor

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #171176  by Replay
 Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:10 pm
 #171183  by kali o.
 Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:33 pm
Replay wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:10 pm
New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, one of the most powerful men in American football, was charged today on two counts of soliciting prostitution in connection to a recent law enforcement bust on massage parlors in Florida that, according to law enforcement, were used for prostitution and human trafficking[/url]. The news comes a few weeks after the Patriots won their sixth Super Bowl and days after Kraft appeared at the NBA All-Star game.
Why are brothels and prostitution still illegal? I love the occasional happy ending. If you can legally get pot, heroine and Oxy, why can't you get some sex between consenting adults in 2019?
 #171188  by Replay
 Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:11 am
Seriously?

I'm generally for legalizing prostitution but criminalizing pandering (pimping), even though I have no real desire to spend time with prostitutes. As many others do, I think it would take the wind out of the sails of a lot of the criminal networks that keep hookers in Hellish conditions and allow for reform of the sex-work space and many of the associated problems to society.

But, for fuck's sake - you're an adult North American male and a self-described billionaire.

Can you seriously not get laid by now without paying a fucking hooker?
 #171198  by Replay
 Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:29 am
Most of the rest of the board can get laid without having to pay for it at this point, Killer. Why can't you?

Hooker sex is bad sex, ask anyone who's actually been in a real and fulfilling relationship where sex is freely exchanged out of respect, love, and admiration for your partner.

That being said, this is a very big clue to me in terms of your issues.

Ever seen The Departed?

This was a great scene, and one you ought to pay attention to before it's too late:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/fa63fd55-4 ... aad96a4b49
 #171200  by kali o.
 Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:37 am
Replay wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:29 am
Most of the rest of the board can get laid without having to pay for it at this point, Killer. Why can't you?
Not the caliber of models I am paying for Princess. It takes big bucks for an old man like me to score 19 year old, grade A tail (and keep quiet).

Enjoy your crackheads and solid 3's. XD %D
 #171201  by Replay
 Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:38 am
kali o. wrote:
Not the caliber of models I am paying for Princess. It takes big bucks for an old man like me to score 19 year old, grade A tail (and keep quiet).
It shouldn't cost you any money to get a girl.
kali o. wrote:
Enjoy your crackheads and solid 3's. XD %D
Mhmmm. Whatever you say.

A small story for you:

At an extremely sketchy party once in my youth, I paid ten dollars for a kiss from the girl I thought was the most beautiful girl there - and it was just bleah, uninspiring, mercenary, and gross. And really, so was she, and it wouldn't have been hard to see that in the first place if I had more self-confidence and romantic experience at the time - but hey, that's basically what paying for love is all about.

About a year or two later, I took the initiative to proposition a beautiful, random stranger in kindness and bravery at Universal Citywalk for a kiss on New Year's Eve as the new year was rung in - and that kiss was *still* better than the absolute majority of the sex I've had to this day, because as it turns out she was genuinely into it and me and vice versa, and there was just something magical about the whole thing. Really, rather a world-shattering experience and affirmation of my courage at the time.

The first experience showed me how lame it is to pay for any kind of sexual experience. The second showed me how mindblowing love can be when it is spontaneous, freely given, and undertaken in courage and joy.

You really haven't had the courage to have that second kind of experience to this day, for all your supposed money and power, have you?

I mean, cue the endless preening about how your hookers are the *best* hookers and that you're sleeping with "10's" and blah blah this and that; you will undoubtedly say a lot of things designed to make yourself forget that these women don't really love you and have to get paid to touch you.

That girl I paid to kiss me was hotter than lava, physically, but the kiss was disgusting and mercenary. But that's what hooker sex is.

At the end of the day, there is no sexual experience that you can pay for which will ever equal sex given freely out of love and mutual respect; but I suppose that if you've never had that experience, you don't know what that feels like and can delude yourself into thinking that paying for a hooker is a grand old time.
Last edited by Replay on Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #171203  by kali o.
 Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:13 pm
Your selective oblivious nature is endlessly amusing to me.

Your appeal to feelings and your erected strawman is cute; but nonetheless irrelevant. Consensual sex between two adults should be legal -- whether you are putting in the time with some wining & dining or skipping the bullshit and just handing over some cash.
 #171204  by Replay
 Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:24 pm
kali o. wrote:
Your selective oblivious nature is endlessly amusing to me.

Your appeal to feelings and your erected strawman is cute; but nonetheless irrelevant.
That's an interesting way of saying "I'm sticking my fingers in my ears now, I can't hear you blah blah blah."

But, goodness dude, sure. All the cool kids are paying for hookers, and it's totally awesome and not creepy at all to have to pay strangers to get you off. Whatever you say.
kali o. wrote:
Consensual sex between two adults should be legal -- whether you are putting in the time with some wining & dining or skipping the bullshit and just handing over some cash.
Actually, it's entirely possible to have a romantic experience not based on money. No doubt most romantic relationships confront financial issues eventually; but in a healthy relationship it's about providing, sharing burdens, taking care of one another and planning to help each other realize life goals and dreams, not paying people to spend time with you. Once again - if you have to pay people to hang out with you, be your friends, or rub your penis to orgasm for you, my serious opinion is that you're doing it wrong.

However, legally, I agree with you. Our current President undoubtedly does too, but is certain not to mention it in public after his endless scandals, and as a result won't legislate for it - and even if he did, good luck getting it past the evangelical base you all have put yourself in bed with for the votes. But, so does Kamala Harris; and she is actually likely to legislate in favor of the direction you want to go in, even though she's doing it so pimps don't continue to abuse the poor and exploited women comprising the majority of the worker group constituting your clients, and not so that you can continue to purchase sex from people who don't care about you...but maybe I digress.
 #171205  by kali o.
 Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:16 pm
Your lack of empathy and personal attacks are pretty telling. I mean, maybe I cant relate to your poor people problems, like having to eat ramen or turning your underwear inside out or whatever it is that vexxes you all, but I dont judge or attack you for it.

Shame on you. Empathy costs nothing.

Also, I dont think its appropriate to shame or judge anyone that chooses to be in the sex industry; nor anyone that partakes of their products.

But then again, Im a REAL 90's liberal -- not the pearl clutching facsists that own that label today. :thumbup:
 #171207  by Replay
 Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:22 am
kali o. wrote:
Your lack of empathy and personal attacks are pretty telling. I mean, maybe I cant relate to your poor people problems, like having to eat ramen or turning your underwear inside out or whatever it is that vexxes you all, but I dont judge or attack you for it.

Shame on you. Empathy costs nothing.
Empathy?

For you?

When have you ever had empathy for me?

You know, ironically, Kal, I *did* have some empathy for you on all of this when all of this started - I went "My god! For all the wealth and power this man brags about, what a sad life he's living. Maybe I really should meet him in Los Angeles and teach him how to get out of this vicious cycle he's in, where it seems like nobody ever really loved him, we could go clubbing, and I could wingman for him."

But these responses are, as usual, dulling my enthusiasm. I don't have a lot of empathy left for you because you don't have a lot of it for me - nor anyone else outside of your own monkeysphere, really, and you never have.

Maybe make less "jokes" about "having me killed" when we get in arguments?

Maybe lie less often and manipulate the world less for power, profit, and gain?
kali o. wrote:
Also, I dont think its appropriate to shame or judge anyone that chooses to be in the sex industry; nor anyone that partakes of their products.

But then again, Im a REAL 90's liberal -- not the pearl clutching facsists that own that label today. :thumbup:
A "REAL 90's liberal" who now endorses the most racist Republican party in decades and supports Donald Trump, and says "maybe I can't relate to your poor people problems" in response to a post asking why he has to patronize hookers?

Have you just been lying to everyone so long that you can't stop lying to yourself either?

You're not a liberal. Real liberals, almost universally, care about alleviating real poverty - not the billionaire-sniping-at-the-middle-class nonsense going that's on here, but the kind of poverty that makes people too poor to be able to afford an Internet connection or electricity or food or shelter - the kind of poverty that a lot of your HOOKERS LIVE IN.
Last edited by Replay on Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #171208  by Oracle
 Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:29 pm
Oh, this is fun.

Who would have thought Replay was the moral conservative? Lol

FWIW, prostitution should absolutely be 100% legal. Stop imposing your morals on others. Sex for cash will never go away, stop making it a criminal justice issue, and stop pushing it underground putting workers at risk.
 #171209  by Replay
 Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:44 pm
I am not particularly legally conservative on the issue of prostitution; nor do I even consider myself morally so. Legalize it. Criminalize pandering (pimping). Let sex workers do what they do. Get them medical care and address the other public health risks associated with the industry. Bring it out into the light and the open.

On a personal level, I am unlikely to change my belief that hooker sex is pretty gosh darned unfulfilling. But, I have redacted a lot of this because really, I *don't* want to come off as overly moralist. I'm not going to go tell the kids that a rub and tug is the best way to deal with their urges if they're feeling down and can't get their crush to notice them. I don't think that's good advice. No matter how many gloriously empowered sex workers are out there, there are also a lot of damaged, exploited people both working and patronizing the trade, emotionally and economically.

But, as Madonna put it once, "Life fits living, so let your judgments go." Me wagging the finger isn't going to produce a lot of useful change either.
Last edited by Replay on Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #171210  by Replay
 Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:55 pm
TL:DR:

I support decriminalizing Kali's happy ending.

I don't support lying or perpetuating myths about his sex workers, nor their continued exploitation and the issues of poverty that produce them.

I also think offhand comments crapping on "the poors" generally, while vigorously defending one's right to patronize an industry intensely serviced by underprivileged, undereducated, and abandoned women, will remain poor optics generally.
 #171215  by Don
 Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:55 am
Lamar Odom was found unconscious in a legal brothel a few years back and that was big news. Wikipedia says it's in Nevada, and I have no idea if it's related to the fact that gambling is also legal there, but clearly it's not something that's impossible to be legal.