The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• something's always bothering me about Eyeshield 21

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #167199  by Don
 Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:13 am
In the rare times I watch American Football this is always something that bugged me, mostly because I really don't understand American Football that well so I can't say for certain if Eyeshield 21 is making things up. Isn't most of what they do in Eyeshield 21 totally illegal, even before the rules have changed to greatly favor the offense? I get that football is a violent sport and it used to be even messier, but I think here's a quick list of things that can't possibly be legal in Eyeshield 21:

Shin's undertaker choke (err, Trident Tackle) where he picks up a guy and chokes them until they drop the ball from unable to breath. I guess sometimes he also impale them on the stomach and make them drop the ball. Isn't there a specific area you've to tackle in football?

Agon doing Karate Chop on people and obviously not making a play on the ball.

Gaoh always breaking someone's arm/legs on every play. I get that they say he pretends he's tackling someone and it just happens that every tackle he makes breaks someone's arms or legs, but wouldn't somebody notice something that's wrong? Isn't there some kind of unnecessary roughness? I though the correct way to tackle someone is to ensure you don't break their bones so if someone's always breaking them on a tackle that's got to be illegal.

The skinny guy's Predactyl Wings or whatever where he wraps his hand around the receiver's arm in midair to yank the ball out. Isn't that passing interference? For that matter, that move is totally useless because in the world of Eyeshield 21 what you should do is just break that guy's arms when he tries to wrap around you since that's obviously totally legal in Eyeshield 21.