The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Dammit, I missed the Bob Costas/Vince McMahon interview. Anyone know where I can find a transcript?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#43023  by Little Washu
 Tue Mar 20, 2001 10:17 am
<div style='font: 11pt Modern; text-align: left; '>My roommate saw it and said it was heated.</div>

#43024  by Stephen_S
 Tue Mar 20, 2001 10:43 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial, Modern; text-align: left; '>From what I heard, McMahon railed at Costas and the general media for contributing to the XFL's dismal ratings. Costas was reportedly more amused than frightened.</div>

#43036  by Ishamael
 Tue Mar 20, 2001 12:47 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt "Comic Sans MS", Modern; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Yeah, I heard much the same. But I can't find a full recount. I only get these disjointed descriptions. Ah well, I may have to see if HBO will rebroadcast it...</div>
 #43042  by Insane Cultist Edge
 Tue Mar 20, 2001 6:58 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Modern; text-align: left; '>Well, I'm going to assume that most people usually watch a couple hours of sports news each week, or catch the sports section in the paper, to check up on stats, trades, games on schedule, etc... Well, that is an extremely effective method of advertisement. The only thing you ever hear about XFL is the poor ratings.</div>

#43045  by Stephen_S
 Tue Mar 20, 2001 10:07 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial, Modern; text-align: left; '>He should have done the smart thing and never tried it. The XFL was doomed to failure from the beginning. No one wants to watch a bunch of fourth and fifth-rate football players slug it out.</div>