The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Any recommendations from the Oscar nominees list?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #171120  by Julius Seeker
 Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:07 pm
The list:

Black Panther – Kevin Feige
BlacKkKlansman – Sean McKittrick, Jason Blum, Raymond Mansfield, Jordan Peele and Spike Lee
Bohemian Rhapsody – Graham King
The Favourite – Ceci Dempsey, Ed Guiney, Lee Magiday and Yorgos Lanthimos
Green Book – Jim Burke, Charles B. Wessler, Brian Currie, Peter Farrelly and Nick Vallelonga
Roma – Gabriela Rodriguez and Alfonso Cuarón
A Star Is Born – Bill Gerber, Bradley Cooper and Lynette Howell Taylor
Vice – Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner, Adam McKay and Kevin J. Messick

Roma and Vice seem interesting. Children of Men was phenomenal. Green Book also looks good by the summary (anyone seen it?), I have heard some people were dissatisfied of the portrayals.

On a personal note:
I haven't seen any of them except Black Panther (and even then not all the way through). Super hero films generally bore the crap out of me, and this one wasn't any different, except I got through about 50 minutes of it rather than my usual 20-25. My wife actually snapped at me when I said it was boring, and then I asked her if she wanted to watch the rest, and silence... And for those of you about to yell at me, I have weird tastes, I hated Guardians of the Galaxy and Dr. Strange as well.
I don't hate all super hero films though, I like Logan, X-Men First Class, and Deadpool... and probably am one of eight people who actually enjoyed that terrible film X-Men origins: Wolverine, and the Blade trilogy.

And because I mentioned it, one of my favourite scenes in a super hero film: