The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Dragonball Dokkan Battle + Tap Tap Infinity

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #166446  by Don
 Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:57 am
I'm playing Dragonball Dokkan Battle on mobile just because it's err, Dragonball. It's your typical Japanese stuff with star rarity and a random token pull. The game system involves matching bubble in a totally random way hoping something good will happen. The bad gameplay can be forgiven if you can play as the characters people care about, though you're likely to be stuck with guys like Yamcha instead of say Super Saiyan God Goku. For that matter, I don't think any of the Super Saiyan Gods are available in the English version so I'm not sure what's the point to even play the game until then, though I'm giving a try and hope some of my pulls will at least be a Super Saiyan or something. Fate Grand Order is coming out probably next month and looks to be exactly the same thing and I hope they don't make the same mistake of making it impossible to pull the popular characters, like Saber blue, though that's probably exactly what they will do, but there's really no point to put up with an inferior game if you don't get all the characters that defined the series. For that matter, it doesn't look like you can pick the Summoner so that means you're missing about half of the coolest characters in the Typemoon universe (it's basically 50/50 split between Heroes and Summoners). Look, I know they're trying to make a lot of money off unsuspecting victims in this game, but when you need like 15 of the Super Duper Rare guys to build a character it really doesn't hurt to hand out the first one for relatively cheap. If you can't even get a Super Saiyan or a Saber Blue that's a huge turnoff to the guys who are only playing the game for the series's character, and since those games tend to suck anyway you can't count on the gameplay to pull the game through. It's far more likely if someone gets the first Super Saiyan God Goku and then spends hundreds of dollars trying to get more to max him out, as opposed to thinking even diehard fans will be stupid enough to not realize he has to spend hundreds of dollars to get the first Super Saiyan God Goku (and then you still need 15 more of the same thing).

I'm also playing Tap Tap Infinity, which is a clicker game where you click on things really fast on the screen. However, it's also got an idle mode where you don't have to click on anything and you usually end up getting more gold over time, but the drawback is that you might not be able to beat most bosses that way so you got to alternate and usually it involves using a lot of cooldowns and mad clicking and then you go back to idle. The point of this game, unlike similar ones, is not just always click like crazy and I think it works out pretty well. In the game you just accumulate more gold ot level more stuff to do more damage which enables you to get even more gold and the numbers go to some hilariously high numbers. I think I'm at 1X10^40 DPS or something on level 400 and there are 5000 levels. I think it got the essence of how pointless most games are. That is, most of these games make you play some stupid system that doesn't even really work just so that you pile up bigger numbers over time. Well, in this game all you're doing is clicking on something and often you don't even have to be doing that and you get some really big numbers too.