The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Tetris 99

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #171166  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:37 pm
In short, Tetris, 99 players going head to head. You can use the touch screen on the Switch in handheld mode to target the other players who display all along the side. In home console mode you can use the analog sticks (much more cumbersome). You can hold a block with the triggers (go for Is usually, but sometimes holding others to prevent gaps when it will work).

It is one of those “just one more game.” type games. Also, “Ah! Those motherfuckers teamed up on me 10 to 1, not fucking fair, one more game!” And also, “I’m going to play until I break the top 5” which turns into a “Since I did that, maybe I can win!” type games. It’s addictive as coke, in other words.

And I normally hate puzzle games, I think the last time I played Tetris was Tetrisphere over 20 years ago. The game is free on the Nintendo online service.

#171168  by Shrinweck
 Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:39 am
Based on what I've seen it's quite difficult to win a round of this without being very capable of t-spinning. It looks very addictive. It's a shame it's Switch only.
 #171169  by Julius Seeker
 Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:40 am
I didn’t even know what a T-Spin was until this morning =)

Part of the reason it’s exclusive to Switch is that it’s co-developed and published by Nintendo.

Damn, I had no idea Tetris was this addictive. I hope they develop some additional modes and features. Even if they’re event based.