The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Trying that item dupe trick on Chrono Cross.  I think I've beat the last boss about 9-10 times.  I can kill him in about five minutes, but I have to wait for that damn unskippable ending.

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #29517  by SineSwiper
 Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:08 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Trying that item dupe trick on Chrono Cross. I think I've beat the last boss about 9-10 times. I can kill him in about five minutes, but I have to wait for that damn unskippable ending.</div>
 #29520  by Eric
 Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:47 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>You do kow if you do elements in a certain order and then use the chrono cross you don't have to kill Lavos and you get the real best ending? I'm just asking. :)</div>
 #29525  by SineSwiper
 Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:57 am
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Just to see the "better ending". It was actually kinda crappy. But, it took me about 10 tries of running away and going back just to get that element thing to work. With the items I have, though, I can beat it the "bad" way in about 5 minutes. Everybody gets a Green Plate, two Power Seals, and a pair of Sunglasses, and all three of them just bash it to death. Since it only casts green spells if you don't do anything to it, you get healed off of everything.

Basically, the whole trick is to start off from the beginning (without a + feature), collect EVERYTHING, save your spot at the very end (right before the last boss), beat the game, and it'll ask you to save. Save it in a different spot, and load the game with a Continue+ on your other spot. You get double the items you got on that spot. It doesn't double and then double again. (More like 1..2..3..4, etc., not 1..2..4..8.) But, you still get plenty of good shit. I got almost enough Rainbow armor for everybody, and my Rainbow Weapons are complete.

One question, where do you find the Beta Carotine?</div>
 #171581  by WakaMan
 Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:59 am
If you are looking for beta carotine, get some carrots :D
I've been looking for some good Lineage 2 market and I found this one https://l2stock.com/buy/buy-chronos do you this this is good choice?
Last edited by WakaMan on Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #171883  by Shellie
 Fri May 15, 2020 11:01 pm
Eric wrote:Chrono Cross came out in 99'! Why did he ask 3 years later! SO MANY QUESTIONS.
He was playing it through again while I watched. We had been together for about a year or so :)